"I often had my camera with me. There were so many opportunities to capture the experiences of our youth on film. I suspected that one day we would wonder if it actually happened..." Badger.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Bust

This was a fun day! We shot "The Bust" at Community Park. Unfortunately the last part, the "punch line", was deteriorated beyond saving. Originally, at the end, after the cops send the hippies packing, the cops light up the doobie...

That's our '55 Volkswagen Microbus after I painted it. Brenda Maas' dad, Dick Maas let me use his heated garage during the Spring of '72 and taught me how paint a car. It took several weeks and a lot of tedious work. Dick was a great guy and really knew his stuff.

The tall thin boxes leaning on the The Van are 6 foot speaker columns being driven by an 8-track tape player. There was no such thing as "conversion vans" in those days, so this vehicle was "off the hook"...

1 comment:

  1. Could you, would you give us the first names of those Keystone Cops?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Followers