"I often had my camera with me. There were so many opportunities to capture the experiences of our youth on film. I suspected that one day we would wonder if it actually happened..." Badger.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fall 1971 at the Beach

This video is the first movie I made.

The vehicle is a 1955 Volkswagen Microbus that my brother bought from Victor Huerta, an exchange student at SCCS from South America. Victor had driven it up from his home and decided to sell it here. I think Kip paid like $300 for it. You can see that the interior was decorated in the stars and stripes. Later I painted the exterior. You'll see more of "The Van" in future postings.

Appearing in this video: Mike Presley (Skeeter), Jay Reed (Stinky), Dick Samuels (Apache), Mark Liszewski (Goose), Tom Patell (Pads), Pete Kappesser (my lil bro), Kevin McDougal (Cracky), Sue Todd (Cavewoman), Richie Soule, and myself.



1 comment:

  1. OK well, that was way fun to see. I'm glad you had the forethought to be a film producer.
    I shall be sharing w/ my 23 yo daughter :) :)
    "Cava II "

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Followers